Friday, October 20, 2006

Faith-Based Initiatives Abused

Olbermann Exposes Republican Hypocrisy
Do you think the founding fathers may have had a reason when they made the separation of Church and State a key part of US legal tradition? What about Jesus' own answer to the question of taxation? (Mk. 12, 14-17)
"Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. Render unto God what is God's."

It was mere days after assuming office, long before his assault on the Bill of Rights, even before 9/11/'01, that George W. Bush fired his first shot in a war on the Constitutional system of government in the United States of America. That shot was his 'Faith-Based Initiatives' program. In this two-part exposé, Keith Olbermann explores how this politically motivated farce has betrayed the very people it was supposed to help, and even betrayed the values of the values voters who were supposedly its immediate beneficiaries.
Video, part 2.

"How accurately Isaiah prophesied about you hypocrites when he wrote, 'This people pays me lip service but their heart is far from me. Empty is the reverence they do me because they teach as dogmas mere human precepts.'
You disregard God's commandment and cling to what is human tradition.
"
-Mk. 7, 6f.
Note: This is a catch-up crossposting from Les Enragés.org. I apologize to Friendly Neighbours visitors for my neglect of my original site, but I have been busy lately and when I do have time I have been devoting it to Les Enragés.

TAGS: , , ,
, ,

Link